For this outline, we define the launch phase as starting 3 weeks prior to going live and lasting for around 6 weeks, focusing on driving broader user adoption.
Here is a checklist of essential tasks for capturing attention during this crucial phase:
- Create a calendar that balances celebrating achieved milestones and cultivating anticipation for the next ahead
- Strategically announce partnerships
- Announce the launch across all organic channels
- Amplify your reach through paid advertising (or influencers), prioritizing messages with proven high-performing interaction metrics
- Consistently demonstrate your project’s ongoing progress and development
- Leverage affiliate/referral programs to incentivize existing users to refer new users
There are some specific campaigns utilized to drive engagement and connect your project with its community. Here are some examples of how to attempt to retain your recently acquired users.
Airdrops are the most powerful user acquisition strategy. It can revolutionize engagement, accomplish token distribution, and enhance decentralization.
- Incentives: Airdrops encourage users to participate in testnets and share information, expanding your reach and generating excitement.
- Token distribution and decentralization: Airdrops deposit tokens directly into users’ wallets, boosting token distribution and governance participation. They can also help you achieve sufficient decentralization to avoid being flagged as a security.
Quests and challenges
Leveraging existing social platforms such as Zealy (formerly Crew3) can allow you to engage with your users. These quests can take various forms, from incentivizing with rewards to User-Generated Content (UGC) such as blog posts, and X (formerly Twitter) threads. These quests can offer financial incentives, XP, NFTs, tokens, or early or exclusive access that can spark some excitement and participation. Granting early access or exclusive privileges to your products in exchange for UGC or feedback is a compelling way to foster a sense of anticipation and engagement. It offers community members a sneak peek and makes them feel valued and a part of your project’s journey.